Today The Big Lead published, 35 College Basketball People You Must Follow on Twitter, a collection of players, national writers and bloggers in the college basketball circle that are all certainly receiving a nice uptick in their follower count this evening.
But the list is neither conclusive nor exhaustive. Here are 10 handles they missed:
- Never one to shy away from shameless self-promotion.
- NBCSports.com's college basketball and NFL editor.
- Self-aggrandizing at its finest, the "untamed bachelor tweets about awesome things and sports (Villanova, Yankees, Jets, Phillies, etc.)."
- Sure the handle looks cryptic, but Chris Dobbertean is SB Nation's resident bracketologist, meaning he becomes really important once February rolls around.
- A good level of wit, Eamonn "writes about college hoops for ESPN. With alacrity." This was Jason McIntyre's biggest miss.
- A tad Syracuse-centric, Jameson knows what's up and will someday have the sports media job you desperately want.
- Yahoo's Dagger lead writer, Jeff cranks out blog articles daily. Aggregate his work onto your twitter feed.
- A "Writer, blogger, web producer, videographer, gadget geek for Philly.com Topics include college sports, soccer, cricket, hockey, petanque, architecture and city life." For an emphasis on college hoops also check out @pretzel_logic.
- Sort of the grandfather's of the college basketball blogosphere (and I mean that endearingly) Storming the Floor is quirky and has a sweet photo of an oversized Bowie State forward plastered as it's background.
- A contributor to RushTheCourt.net who is an "aspiring 19-year old college hoops writer, Boston + Milwaukee sports fanatic, unabashed liberal, Pearl Jam aficionado."