I have some thoughts on the upcoming season, as I am sure we all do. I wanted to jot them down somewhere and get some feedback and some other predictions as well. I hope this is an appropriate place for this.
1) Gonzaga makes the Final Four. I really think this is the year they get over the hump. With the inside trio of Sacre, Harris and Olynyk flanked by Steven Gray, Manny Arop and others, I think they have the full team to finally make it to the Final Four.
2) UNC falls short of expectations again and wins max one game in the NCAA tournament. This has all the makings of the 2007 Texas team. An unwordly freshman, flanked by some solid players who don't have what it takes to win in March.
3) Kansas State wins the Big 12, followed by Baylor. This does not seem to be much of a stretch, but some of our friends at Big 12 hoops are not quite ready to dethrone Kansas yet. Unless the NCAA makes a favorable ruling on Josh Selby, I think Kansas will finish 3rd in the Big 12.
4) Seton Hall makes the NCAA tournament, Northwestern does not, yet again.
5) One player to keep on eye on is Ari Stewart, from Wake Forest. While the team may struggle, Stewart and CJ Harris will be looked at as leaders of the young team. Stewart has a quick trigger and a nice outside shot. If he can improve his ability to penetrate, he could become a nice player.
So what are your predictions? Who is your one under the radar player to watch?