- Record: 15-18 (7-9 in the Sun Belt)
- Best Wins: Middle Tennessee 73-67; North Texas 74-70
- Worst Losses: IUPUI, Furman
- Admirable Losses: VCU, No. 4 Louisville, Murray State
Statistically Speaking (national ranking)
- The good: 99.2 DRtg (152nd); 0.26 SOS (140th)
- The bad: 94.9 ORtg (289th); 65.1 PPG (238th); 39.7 FG% (321st)
- The interesting: The Hilltoppers like a fast game, pushing the ball at the 53rd fastest tempo in the country. Which is ironic, because they are not very good at scoring points (kind of a big deal in basketball). Western Kentucky runs pretty deep, playing nine guys at least 15 minutes per game, but freshmen Derrick Gordon (11.8 ppg) and George Fant (10.3 ppg, 6.0 rpg) lead the charge. Relying on freshmen is fine, if they're special, but these guys are no Carmelo. Gordon dropped 25 on Arkansas-Little Rock in the Sun Belt quarters, then shot 3-14 in the next two games.