Much more appealing slate of games today. CBS is finally in full-on CBB mode, as the color men warm up their vocals for March Madness, which is tipping off in just 18 days.
- Marquette - Louisville: If Dominic James was healthy, this would be a Grade-A matchup. Now it's a game to see how Marquette will respond without their starting point guard, and if Louisville will take this game serious enough to get a W.
- Missouri - Kansas: Even though their win over Oklahoma was devoid of a Blake Griffin patrolling the middle, Kansas' freshman seemed to really mature and understand the importance of these late season conference games. The Jayhawks are tops in the Big 12, with Missouri and the aforementioned Sooners one game behind. The Tigers are fifth in the country in scoring, but can you name their starting five? Could be a great one in Lawrence today.
- Tennessee - Florida: A colorful game on the surface, were glad its part of regional coverage and don't have to watch it. Florida is on the bubble, I guess, but do they really deserve a berth? A loss here and they risk finishing fourth in the SEC East. The Volunteers have won their last four against the Gators, and blew them out last month in Knoxville.
- Michigan St. - Illinois: The Big 10 title is up for grabs here, and Illinois is favored with a 15-2 home record. If you really like to play the odds, it's worth taking into consideration the Illini's 9-0 record on Sundays this year. Michigan St. is our favorite enigma team this season. I want to write them into the Final Four, but just don't see them coming together.
- Also on the slate today, Cincinnati - Syracuse and Maryland - NC State. Both the Bearcats and Terps have outside chances at the tournament, road wins today would make it all that much easier.