- Well, Tyshawn Taylor's Facebook account is no more. The Jayhawk's sophomore guard, already known for being fairly transparent on the social networking site, provided a revealing status update yesterday that suggested he was considering transferring. Bill Self told reporters there is no truth to this. The real bummer here, is that those lucky enough to be part of Taylors cyber-socialsphere are now shut out of all his future eloquent postings.
- Break-up the Blue Demons! DePaul snapped their 24-game Big East regular season losing streak with a 51-50 win over Marquette. It was the first victory for interim head coach Tracy Webster. Suddenly, at 2-4 in the conference, the Golden Eagles look far from a tournament caliber team.
- Iowa State's Lucca Staiger is a quitter. After not feeling it in Ames, and realizing his NBA potential was not going to manifest itself, the German native has decided to leave the team in the middle of the season and head back home. He's already signed with ALBA Berlin. Give a look over to head coach Greg McDermott's teleconference transcript, and CBS Sports' Gary Parrish's take on this "shameful twist."
- Minnesota's coveted recruit Royce White is suddenly back practicing with the Golden Gophers. White, you remember, announced he was leaving the team last month via YouTube. My opinion on all this: Tubby Smith is a pushover.
- Notre Dame's Scott Martin may return to play later this season. The Purdue transfer who would have been a key contributor for the Fighting Irish, is recovering from an ACL surgery at a highly-accelerated pace. If Mike Brey's kids can get propel themselves to bubble status, it's very likely Martin could suit up in an attempt to help their chances.